Tuesday

BB and CC creams for chocolate skin...

You’d have to be living under a really large rock to not know that BB and CC creams are all the rage in the beauty world right now. The new kids on the block are said to contain highly reflective ingredients that effectively cover blemishes and provide a lot more coverage than regular tinted moisturisers. 


BB creams (Beauty Balms/blemish balms) and CC creams (Colour Control) sound like a dream come true for women with uneven skin tone and blemish prone skin. Naturally I jumped at the first chance to try one of these ‘miracle’ products out for myself. 







I was unfortunately disappointed by the lack of product for dark skinned women. I purchased a tube of Garnier’s BB Miracle Skin Perfector cream in their Dark shade (R79.00) and was pleasantly surprised by how light and easy it was to apply- no mess, no fuss. I did find it a little light on my skin as I am a deeper shade of brown but overall it was a good investment.

I can’t wait to get my hands on Ponds latest release which is specifically formulated for dark skin, hopefully in the near future there will be a larger range of BB and CC creams for all shades of skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment