Tuesday

International Youth Camp... 
Amazing Memories... 
Amazing Lessons...




I attended International Youth camp / International Work camp around this time last year in Qunu Eastern Cape- birth place of Nelson Mandela- which was hosted by the Nelson Mandela Museum and German CVJM (YMCA). The camp gave me the amazing opportunity to interact with 70 diverse young adults from all over Europe and Africa with participating countries such as Belarus, Botswana, Germany, Israel, Kenya, Lesotho, Lithuania, Malawi, Namibia, Netherlands  Poland, Russia, South Africa, Slovakia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. 


We discussed world issues that affected us as young individuals our countries and our communities and we learnt that we had a lot in common with one another. We were separated into focus groups namely; Care Work and Fine Arts, Photography, Drama and Story-telling, Poetry and Music, Archives and finally Documentation which was the elective I fell under. 


My elective had the daunting task of recording all the events of the memorable two week long camp and this is where my passion for leadership and humanitarian efforts truly deepened. Speaking to people my age from all walks of life really opened up my eyes to just how much there is to still learn and how much I still had to give back in my life and for that I am eternally grateful.



 To see more of what we did on the camp and to read an article I put together during my time at the camp check out the International Workcamp blog at:     


The article is titled 'Once Upon A Time...' 









No comments:

Post a Comment